Along with this Court Guide, the following videos will give you information about what to expect in court and basic court rules and procedures.
The Self-Help Resource Center
The SHRC volunteers provide legal information, but cannot provide legal representation in court or legal advice.
- THIRST FOR JUSTICE CLINICS are open 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays & Thursdays and are held at the St. Vincent de Paul Center off of Florida Boulevard, located at 220 St. Vincent de Paul Place.
- ASK A LAWYER CLINICS are held on 3 days a month at various locations in the Baton Rouge area. For more information, call 225-344-4803 or visit the Baton Rouge Bar Association website at www.brba.org.
- THE LOUIS A. MARTINET LEGAL SOCIETY hosts a clinic 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Thursdays at the Leo S. Butler Center, located at 950 E. Washington Street. For more information, call 225-389-4860.
- SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA LEGAL SERVICES may provide legal representation in certain cases or may provide a pro bono lawyer referral if you qualify. For more information, call 225-448-0080.
- THE LOUISIANA CIVIL JUSTICE CENTER has a legal hotline which provides legal advice, information, and answers to questions about family law issues. For more information, call 1-800-310-7029. You may also get help online at La.FreeLegalAnswers.org.
Forms for East Baton Rouge Parish Family Court
The following form packets are available for use in The Family Court of East Baton Rouge Parish. Each of the form packets provided below have a set of instructions that go with the forms. When using these forms, make sure that you read and follow the instructions carefully.
- 103 Divorce Process Chart - A chart to explain the steps to obtaining a divorce.
- No Fault Divorce (with minors)- These forms are to obtain a divorce based on living separate and apart from your spouse if you have children under the age of 18 with your spouse. With instructions.
- No Fault Divorce (no minors)- These forms are to obtain a divorce based on living separate and apart from your spouse if you have no children under the age of 18 with your spouse. With instructions.
- Domestic Violence Divorce- These instructions are for a divorce based on a domestic violence protective order or an injunction that has been issued against your spouse to protect you or your children from abuse. With instructions.
- Forms to Modify Child Support- These forms are to request a change in a child support order. With instructions.
- Forms to Establish Custody- These forms are to help you establish a custody order for the first time. With instructions.
- Forms to Modify Custody- These forms are used to modify an existing custody order. With instructions.
- Contempt Forms- These forms are used to allege that someone is not complying with a custody order issued by the court. With instructions.
- Motion to Reset- This form is used to reset matters on the Court's docket.
- Long Arm Service Affidavit- This form is required when using long arm service for out of state defendants. With a chart.
- Pauper Form- This form is used to ask the court to allow you to file pleadings without prepaying court costs. With instructions.
- Forms to Appoint Attorney- This form is used to ask the court to appoint an attorney to represent someone who is absent or cannot be located. With instructions.